Baseball betting online at – 888sport
Baseball fans across New Jersey are in luck! Baseball betting is 100% legal in the Garden State. The governor signed online nj sports betting into law, in June 2018. This means that baseball fans can place bets on all their favorite MLB teams anytime at all. Now you can easily bet on American League and National League baseball teams from anywhere in the Garden State, with the best MLB odds at 888sport.
Major League Baseball (MLB) features the AL East, AL Central, and AL West as part of the American League. The National League includes the NL East, NL Central, and NL West. Each division features 5 teams. The Major League Baseball tournament culminates in the World Series Baseball Championship. This period of play takes place in the postseason, and entails playoffs between the National League and the American League.
Champions of the MLB World Series are required to win the best of 7 games. If any team wins 4 of the 7 games, they are crowned baseball world champions. The MLB team with the best record in the World Series is the New York Yankees with over 2 dozen championships to their credit. They are followed by the Saint Louis Cardinals, Boston Red Sox, New York Giants, and the Philadelphia Athletics. You can bet on all the MLB teams and get the best baseball betting lines in the business at 888sport.
Check out our 888sport blog for the latest MLB Tips, rosters, and standings.
How do baseball betting lines work?
Baseball betting lines are really easy to understand. In fact, we've got a comprehensive guide to baseball betting lines for your convenience. It's easy to understand baseball betting lines with a basic example from the MLB.
- Philadelphia Phillies -130
- @ Washington Nationals +120
This simply means that you need if you bet $130 on the Philadelphia Phillies, you can win $100 if they win. If you bet $100 on the Washington Nationals, you can win $120 if they win. The Philadelphia Phillies are the favorites since you have to bet more to win $100. The Washington Nationals are the underdogs, since you get more than you bet if they win.
Baseball betting lines are known as moneylines, and these present players with the bookmaker’s odds. There are no point spreads at play here, so your team doesn't have to win within a certain margin – they simply have to win outright for you to get paid. The team with the (+) is the underdog and the team with the (-) is the favorite. You can enjoy baseball betting on mobile, even when games are in progress, with live in-play betting at 888sport.
Types of baseball bets online
There are several types of online betting options available to you, including the following:
- Run line betting on MLB – a.k.a. betting on the spread. You will see the baseball teams listed with (+ or -) and a figure next to it. Recall that the team with the negative number is the favorite and the team with the positive number is the underdog. Most run lines are set at -1.5 for the favorite and +1.5 for the underdog. For the favorites to win, they need to win by at least 2 runs (> -1.5). For the underdog to win, they need to win outright, or by less than 1 run (< +1.5).
- Proposition bets on MLB – Prop bets are fun bets to place on MLB games. Baseball odds are generous for ‘highly unlikely’ events on MLB games. Typical prop bets include teams to score first, teams to score in the first inning, or teams with the most strikeouts.
- Moneyline betting on MLB –Moneyline betting is common, with +/- selections indicating the underdog and the favorite respectively. The (-) and figure that follows indicates how much you need to bet in order to win $100, while the (+) and figure that follows indicates how much you can win if you bet $100.
- Over/Under Bets or Totals Bets on MLB – if the online bookmaker has a total of 7 for an MLB game, this means that no more than 7 runs can be scored by both teams combined. If you place the over bets, then the teams must score > 7 runs combined. If you place the under bet, then the teams must score < 7 runs combined. If the totals score equals the over/under given by the bookmaker, it's a push and the bet is returned to the player.
You can enjoy baseball betting on a wide range of current baseball games, or MLB futures. Popular options include MLB World Series betting, American League betting, and National League betting. It's easy to select your preferred winner by simply picking from the list of options provided, each with their own winning odds listed alongside them. The most popular form of MLB betting is live betting on MLB games, with dynamic baseball odds, from your mobile, PC, or Mac. This option allows you to bet on games while they are taking place on the baseball diamond, in real-time!