Patron Protection on 888sport
In accordance with the regulations issued by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (“NJDGE”), this page provides information which you may find useful in relation to your gaming activity and your account with us.
At Caesars Interactive Entertainment New Jersey LLC (the Company, “us” or “we”) is committed to providing a responsible gaming environment.
Know when to stop before you start.® If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-GAMBLER.
We want all of our customers to enjoy real-money gambling as a planned and budgeted entertainment option - like an evening out for dinner, the theater, or a sporting event. But, as with many other things in life, it is possible to get too much of a good thing. Moderation is the key for all who gamble.
- The decision to gamble is a personal choice. No one should feel pressure to gamble - from others or themselves.
- Gambling should not be perceived as essential to having a good time.
- Limits should be set before starting to gamble. Money spent on gambling should be considered the cost of entertainment. People should gamble only with money they can afford to lose. A person who chooses to gamble should set time and monetary limits and adhere to them.
- There are times when people should not gamble. Certain emotional states can heighten the risks associated with gambling. Avoid gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one. Similarly, gambling should not be used as a way to solve personal or family problems, or to impress others. Never gamble when it interferes with work or family responsibilities, when in recovery for addictive disorders or dependencies, when the gambling is illegal, or when trying to make up for prior gambling losses.
- Excessive use of alcohol when gambling can be risky. Irresponsibly using alcohol can affect a person's judgment and interfere with the ability to adhere to predetermined limits.
Keep in mind that you always have someone to talk to. You may seek professional help from the following organizations:
Preventing Underage Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under 21 to gamble for real-money on the us.888casino.com, us.888poker.com and us.888sport.com platform (“888.com Platform”).
We perform an electronic verification using a third-party data reference company to validate the age and identity of all customers. We reserve the right to ask for age verification information from the player and suspend the player's account until he provides information that verifies appropriate age to our satisfaction.
Unfortunately, no system is foolproof. If you know a person under 21 who is registered with the 888.com Platform, please notify our customer support team. If a person with an account is found to be under the age of 21, such person’s account will be terminated and the Company may withhold any funds that are present therein.
It is a criminal offense for persons under the age of 21 to gamble. Anyone who facilitates a person under the age of 21 to gamble has committed a criminal offense, and shall be prohibited from Internet gaming.
Looking Out for Kids
Responsible gaming means making sure parents understand the importance of supervising their children's online activities. The internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. As a result, gaming companies and parents must work together to protect children from underage gambling. To ensure the safety of your children, we recommend installing filtering software to block minors from accessing certain websites and programs.
Tips for parents:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when you are logged into your 888.com Platform real-money account.
- Do not allow persons under 21 to participate in any gambling activity.
- Keep your 888.com Platform real-money username, password, and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the illegality and potential dangers of underage gambling.
Most gamblers are casual gamblers - they do it for fun and entertainment. Experts agree that casual gambling with affordable wagers can be a harmless, enjoyable pastime. Responsible gamblers understand that gambling entails risk. That is why gambling responsibly means setting predetermined, acceptable limits. People who set responsible limits are gambling with funds they can afford to lose. Those limits differ from person to person, according to their financial situations. Setting those limits - and sticking to them - is crucial. A player can establish his own limits by developing a set of personal guidelines to determine whether, when, and how much to gamble.
On the us.888.com Platform and on all its related gambling operations in New Jersey, a player can set the following limits on his account (or a combination thereof):
- Playing time limit
- Deposit limit
- Loss limit
If a player needs help, customer support is available 24 hours a day to assist him.
Playing Time Limit
A player can set a daily playing time limit, in order to notify such player of the amount of time he has spent playing on the 888.com Platform in a calendar day.
As soon as a player reaches the playing time limit set, such player will receive a pop-up notification.
A player can set and adjust his daily playing time limit on 888.com Platform through the My Account page accessible (i) on the poker offering, from the My Profile menu within the poker client: (ii) on the casino offering, from the My Account menu; and (iii) on the sport offering, from the My Account menu which is located on the left side bar of the sport client.
When the playing time limit is initially set by a player, the playing time limit will apply to the calendar day in which it is set. Any decrease to a player’s playing time limit will take effect when the player next logs into his account.
Any increase to a player’s playing time limit set through the poker client, will take effect subject to his affirmation of any such increase and when the player next logs into his account, following the conclusion of the calendar day in which the increase is set. Any increase to a player’s playing time limit set through the casino offering will take effect when the player next logs into his account, following the conclusion of the calendar day in which the increase is set.
A player’s set playing time limit shall automatically renew unless adjusted.
A player can set a deposit limit on the 888.com Platform, in order to limit the amount of money he can deposit into his account on a rolling 24 hour period, rolling seven day period or a rolling monthly period (a rolling period means that a deposit limit will always be calculated by looking back at the past 24 hours, 7 days or 30 days, as applicable, and not over a calendar day, calendar week or calendar month). The player will receive a pop up notification which he will have to confirm for the deposit limit to take effect.
As soon as a player reaches his deposit limit, such player will receive a pop up notification advising him that he can no longer make any further deposits into his account until a new rolling daily, weekly or monthly time period begins (as applicable).
A player can set and adjust his deposit limit on the 888.com Platform for a rolling 24 hour period by selecting “My Account’ and then clicking on “Responsible Gaming” on either of the poker, casino or sport offering. All other deposit limits can be set and adjusted through the My Account page accessible: (i) on the poker offering, from the My Profile menu within the poker client; (ii) on the casino offering, from the My Account menu; and (iii) on the sport offering, from the My Account menu which is located on the left side bar of the sport client.
Any decrease to a player’s deposit limit will take effect immediately. Whilst any increase to a deposit limit will take effect 30 days following the player making the change to his deposit limit and the player logging into his account following the expiration of the aforementioned 30 day period.
By way of example, if a player sets a $100 deposit limit on a weekly basis, and during such period a player wishes to increase his deposit limit to $200, the increase will only take effect the first time the player logs into his account following 30 days from when the player has increased his deposit limit.
Please Note: If a player has requested to increase his deposit limit during the applicable period, the player will not be able to increase the deposit limit requested again until after the first request has come into effect.
A player’s set deposit limit shall automatically renew unless adjusted.
A player can set a loss limit, in order to restrict the amount of money which he can lose on a:
- (i) calendar day- beginning at 12.00 am on the day when the loss limit comes into effect and ending at 11:59 pm on such day;
- calendar week- beginning on a Monday at 12:00 am of the week when the loss limit comes into effect and ending on the Sunday of such week at 11:59 pm;
- calendar month- beginning on the first calendar day of the month at 12:00 am of the when the loss limit comes into effect and ending on the last day of the month at 11:59 pm; or
- a combination of the three points above.
The loss limit is calculated as follows: A player’s winnings – A player’s losses during the applicable period.
As soon as a player reaches his loss limit, such player will receive a pop up notification advising him that he cannot play for real money until a new daily, weekly or monthly period begins (as applicable).
A player can set and adjust his loss limit on 888.com Platform through the My Account page accessible: (i) on the poker offering, from the My Profile menu within the poker client; (ii) on the casino offering, from the My Account menu; and (iii) on the sport offering, from the My Account menu which is located on the left side bar of the sport client.
Any decrease to a player’s loss limit will take effect when the player next logs into his account. Any increase to a player’s loss limit will only take effect once the applicable time period set has expired and the player logs into his account following the expiry of such period.
If we withhold or delay the payment of any winnings of a player for any reason (e.g. a player having his winnings withheld in accordance with any taxation reporting requirements), the winnings released into such player’s bankroll will not be included within any calculations with regard to the loss limits set by the player until the loss limit which is currently in force when the winnings are released expires.
When a loss limit time period expires and a further period with regards to the loss limit begins, any funds that have been wagered by the player “at the table” during a poker tournament or ring game are also excluded from the loss limit calculation. By way of example, if a player sets a daily loss limit of $50 and such player has bet $10 in a hand if the player is still participating in such hand when the new daily loss limit begins such player may lose up to $60 (the $10 “at the table” plus the $50 loss limit).
Players must be aware that any loss limit which they set will have an effect upon their ability to fund tournament buy-ins, re-buys, add-ons and play at cash tables during the period of their loss limit (i.e. tournament buy-ins, re-buys and add-ons will count towards a player’s loss limit). As a result, if such player reaches the loss limit during a tournament, he will not be able to fund a re-buy or add-on. By way of example, if a player set a daily loss limit of $30 and buys in to a tournament for $20, he will not be able to re-buy into a tournament if such re-buy in costs $15.
Please Note: A player may request to increase his loss limit multiple times during the time period set, the last request made during such period will come into effect once the relevant time period has expired and the player next logs into his account following the expiry of such period.
A player’s set loss limit shall automatically renew unless adjusted.
If, at any stage, a player wishes to take a break from gambling, he can request a cooling off period from the 888.com Platform real-money platform of 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, or 5 months by contacting a representative by email or live chat 24 hours a day.
During the "cooling-off" period a player's 888.com Platform account will be suspended and the 888.com Platform will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive promotional offers. This suspension is irrevocable during the "cooling-off" period. The player's 888.com Platform account will automatically re-open at the end of the selected "cooling-off" period. A player may withdraw their remaining bankroll during this period.
If, at any stage, a player becomes concerned about his gambling, he can make a request online to be self-excluded from the 888.com Platform real-money platform for periods of 1 year or 5 years. A player may request self-exclusion for the aforementioned periods through the My Account page accessible (i) from the My Profile menu within the poker client, or (ii) from the My Account menu on the casino or sport offering.
Alternatively, players may self-exclude themselves by submitting a request in-person at a location designated by the NJDGE, for minimum self exclusion periods of 1 year, 5 years or permanently. In addition players may self-exclude for 1 or 5 years through the NJDGE website.
Once a player self-excludes, we will block his account. Any new accounts he attempts to open during the period of his self-exclusion will also be blocked as soon as they are detected. Any wager which a player has placed which is still open, when such player self excludes, will be cancelled and the related funds will be returned to the players bankroll. Any wager which a player has made that is still open when such player self excludes, will be cancelled and the related funds will be returned to you. In addition, we will take all reasonable measures to make sure the player does not receive any promotional material during this time of self exclusion.
Please note! Should a player download any of our applications to his device and agree to receive push notifications, We will not be able to block such player’s receipt of such notifications even if the payer chooses to self-exclude from the 888.com Platform. The only way to prevent receipt of such notifications is via the device itself or by deleting the application.
By self-excluding, the player is authorizing the NJDGE to distribute his identifying information to all New Jersey Internet gaming permit holders and to direct all New Jersey Internet gaming licensed permit holders to restrict his gaming activities in accordance with the self-exclusion request and until such time as the NJDGE removes his name from the Self-Exclusion List, in response to such player’s application to terminate his voluntary self-exclusion after passage of the minimum period requested. In the case of a 1 year or 5 year self-exclusion period, a player can only remove himself from the Self-Exclusion List by appearing in person at one of the NJDGE Offices or at the offices or racetracks of the New Jersey Racing Commission. A request for permanent self-exclusion is irrevocable, and the player’s account on the 888.com platform (both for real money and play for free) will not be eligible for reinstatement.
Please note that any request for exclusion from the 888.com Platform or if you permanently self-exclude yourself by submitting a request in-person at a location designated by the NJDGE, such self-exclusion will also apply to all casino properties and online sites which are owned, operated, or managed by the Company or its affiliates. In such event, such player agrees not to gamble or even visit any part of a facility - including gaming areas, gaming floors, restaurants, hotels, pari-mutual gaming areas, pavilions, entertainment venues, and any other area of a gambling property owned, operated, or managed by the Company or its affiliates during the period of his self-exclusion.
Finally, we reserve the right to exclude a player at our discretion from all casino properties and online sites which are owned, operated or managed by the Company and its affiliates, if we determine there is a reasonable risk that the player is not gambling responsibly and he refuses to self-restrict or self-exclude.
Risks Associated With Gambling
Gambling can have an impact on a players life, some of the risks associated with gambling are:
- Losing more money than you budget for.
- Spending more time gambling than you intend.
- Neglecting loved ones.
- Declining self-esteem.
- Increased stress and anxiety.
- Developing a preoccupation with gambling.
- Placing increasingly larger bets in order to get a rush.
- Gambling to escape or to improve your mood.
- Playing to escape from reality.
- Heightened states of euphoria which may affect your judgement.
When Might Gambling Be a Problem?
The following highlights a number of questions a player should ask himself and his loved ones to help identify potential signs of a gambling problem. While these questions are not a diagnostic, psychological, or medical test and should not be used as such, many people who have called gambling help lines have answered yes to one or more of the following questions:
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
- Is gambling affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money to help pay debts or solve other financial difficulties?
- Does gambling decrease your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to continue and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold any real estate or personal property to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling ever make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worries or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling make you have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations create an urge to gamble?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destructive behavior as a result of your gambling?
Myths Associated with Gambling
Players often believe in false myths regarding gambling. While the list below is by no means an exhaustive list of gambling myths, some of the more commonly held myths are:
- A player’s luck changes the more he gambles.
- If a player increases the value of his bets, he will win his money back.
- That a player can have a lucky day.
- Tracking previous results can help a player forecast the coming results.
- If a player plays on more than one casino game or in more than one poker game at a time, he will increase his chances of winning.
- That a player can develop a special strategy that will help him win.
- Knowing a game well will increase a player’s chances of winning.
- It’s not possible to become addicted to something like gambling.
- To be a problem gambler a player has to gamble every day.
- If a player can afford to gamble then he can’t be a problem gambler.
- Only irresponsible people become addicted to gambling.
- Problem gambling is easy to recognize.
Changing or Resetting Your Password
If you have forgotten your password, you may reset it by selecting “Forgot/Change Password” from the login screen, providing your username, and answering the security question with which you are prompted. You will receive an email within 72 hours containing a link to reset your password.
You can also change your password by logging into your account, and:
- For poker offering, selecting “My Profile” from the menu, and choosing “My Account”.
- For casino or sport offering, selecting "My Account" from the menu and choosing "My Account".
From there, you can choose a new password, and click “Save Changes” to complete the process.
In accordance with New Jersey regulations, you may elect to activate “strong authentication” log in protection for your account. Once enabled, the strong authentication feature will apply any time you log in to your account, until you choose to disable the feature. To activate strong authentication, go to the “My Account – Change password” page.
You may email at any time if you require assistance.
To file a complaint with us please email email@example.com, and include all relevant facts and circumstances. You are required to use all reasonable means to resolve complaints pertaining to the provision of online gaming services directly with us. If you have exhausted all such reasonable means, you may use the NJDGE’s Internet Dispute Form.
Terms of Service
The 888.com Platform Terms of Service can be found here.
Account, Game History and Bet History
You can obtain account and game history by logging into your account on the 888.com Platform and:
- For poker: from your PC client, choose “My Profile” and then select “Game History” to view the results of games you have played; from your mobile device, you will be able to visually replay the hands you have played on your current table by clicking the "Replay" icon.
- For casino: clicking on the avatar image at the top left of your screen and then click on "Gaming History" in the “Useful Links” section on the drop down menu to view the results of games you have played.
- For the sport offering: choosing “My Bets” to view the results of sport bets you have placed.
Selecting “Account Statement” (for either poker, casino or sport), will allow you to generate reports showing all transaction and game play detail.
Estimated Withdrawal Times From Your 888.com Platform Account
|Method of Withdrawal
||Withdrawal Request Awaiting Process
|Bank Transfer (ACH)
||Up to two business days
||Up to five business days
||Up to two business days
||Up to five business days
The times stated above are only an estimate of the period in which your withdrawal requests will be processed and received. All withdrawal requests may be subject at our sole discretion to fraud prevention checks and verification checks.
For information regarding the 888.com Platform's Withdrawal Policy which includes the withdrawal time frames from Caesars Atlantic City Cashier’s Cage please see here.
It is your responsibility to configure your client terminal’s auto-lock feature to protect your client terminal from unauthorized use.
You are prohibited from allowing any other person to access or use your account on the 888.com Platform
Terminating Your Account
You may terminate the us.888com Platform Terms of Service and your account (including your username and password) at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, such termination is to take effect upon the Company terminating your account (including username and password), which shall occur within 7 calendar days after receipt by the Company of your email, provided that you shall remain responsible for any activity on your account between sending us an email and the termination of your account by the Company. For more information regarding terminating your account please see the Terms of Service.
Federal Prohibitions and Restrictions
There are several Federal prohibitions and restrictions regarding Internet gaming which include, but are not limited to, 18 U.S.C. §§ 1084 et seq. (the “Wire Act”) and 31 U.S.C. §§ 3163 through 3167 (the “Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act”). It is a Federal offense for persons physically located outside of New Jersey to engage in Internet wagering through a New Jersey casino, unless explicitly authorized by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Last updated: October 10th, 2019